Skip to main content
COVID-19 information and screening Learn how we’re keeping our campus community safe, healthy and engaged during our gradual return to campus.
Note: The university’s mandatory vaccine directive is now in effect. Learn more about vaccine requirements.
Ontario Tech acknowledges the lands and people of the Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation.

We are thankful to be welcome on these lands in friendship. The lands we are situated on are covered by the Williams Treaties and are the traditional territory of the Mississaugas, a branch of the greater Anishinaabeg Nation, including Algonquin, Ojibway, Odawa and Pottawatomi. These lands remain home to many Indigenous nations and peoples.

We acknowledge this land out of respect for the Indigenous nations who have cared for Turtle Island, also called North America, from before the arrival of settler peoples until this day. Most importantly, we acknowledge that the history of these lands has been tainted by poor treatment and a lack of friendship with the First Nations who call them home.

This history is something we are all affected by because we are all treaty people in Canada. We all have a shared history to reflect on, and each of us is affected by this history in different ways. Our past defines our present, but if we move forward as friends and allies, then it does not have to define our future.

Learn more about Indigenous Education and Cultural Services

Academic year work

Our University Works program is designed to help full-time students who are anticipating or experiencing financial difficulties by providing part-time employment on campus. The university provides the funding for the program, which runs from September to April. Each job offers a maximum of 10 hours per week and pays a competitive wage.


To be eligible for the University Works program, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and meet the Ontario residency requirements as defined by OSAP.
  • Have a demonstrated financial need.
  • If you are a returning student, you must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher in your last full-time term.
  • Be enrolled in an undergraduate program with a minimum 60 per cent of a full-time course load.

How to apply

You must complete an application form. Information can be found on MyCampus, under the Awards and Financial Aid tab.